The effort to save and restore Highfield Hall has been characterized by amazing community support and the willingness of countless volunteers, who rolled up their sleeves and did whatever it took to make the dream come alive. Our volunteers fuel our efforts with amazing kindness, talent and generosity.
Join our more than 200 volunteers today! Download a Volunteer Form.
Please call, 508-495-1878, ext. 2, for more information about volunteering or e-mail Lisa Willow Dunne our volunteer coordinator.
- Visitor Services Volunteers – Our front desk volunteers are critical to ensuring a quality experience for our guests. Ongoing training is provided and required on the topics of visitor engagement, the history of the property, sales transactions, providing visitor information, and art exhibitions. Shifts are from 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm, Monday – Friday, and 11 am – 2 pm, Saturdays and Sundays, with a minimum commitment of twice a month required during your commitment period.
- Gardeners – Our gardens are growing! Become a member of the Highfield Gardeners and help us care for the Sunken Garden, our West Garden, and the many other landscaped areas of the property. YOU are needed to help us keep Highfield beautiful!
- Publicity –We need help spreading the word about Highfield Hall & Gardens, our programs and special events. Join our marketing team and help distribute rack cards, brochures, posters and flyers in your community.
- Special Events — Highfield sponsors fundraising events each year, and we need hundreds of volunteers to make these events happen. Volunteer support runs from simply working for a shift at one of the events, to serving on the organizing committee. Our current events include the Holidays at Highfield, three Open Houses a year and our special exhibitions. Let us know your interest!
- Docents — Our elite Interpretation Team members provides guided tours of the mansion and its grounds for special occasions and group tours and leads are regular estate walks.