Highfield is excited to be hosting a summertime series of family Storywalks® beginning June 28th!
In collaboration with the Falmouth Library Youth Services, Highfield will present a Storywalk ® along the ADA Accessible Historic Beech Tree Path for 10 weeks this summer. A new story will be installed each Monday, starting June 19, 2022 and ending August 29, 2022.
The walk will begin at the gravel parking lot entrance and travel down among the musical instruments and beautiful historic Beech trees which are over 100 years old! Families will be able to enjoy the serene setting while reading a story together. The selected books will cover a variety of topics and situations to appeal to everyone. Visitors are encouraged to bring a picnic lunch and relax on the grounds afterward. The extensive gardens offer many additional fun explorations for families with children including a scavenger hunt on the grounds!
Starting July 5th, there will be a new book put up the Monday of each week through Labor Day. Here are the titles and authors:
- 7/5 You Matter/Christian Robinson
- 7/11 I Want to Ride the Tap Tap/Danielle Joseph
- 7/18 Duck and Goose Go to the Beach/Tad Hills
- 7/25 Wonder Walkers/Micha Archer
- 8/1 Rain Before Rainbows/Smriti Prasadam-Halls
- 8/8 The Rice in the Pot Goes Round and Round/Wendy Wan-Long Shang
- 8/15 Nigel and the Moon/Antwan Eady
- 8/22 Rocket Says Clean Up!/Nathan Bryon
- 8/29 Here We Come!/Janna Matthies
In addition, the Coalition for Children will offer related crafts on the Highfield back porch each Thursday from July 14 – August 18 from 10 am- 12 noon.
Copies of the books will be available to borrow from the library, or to purchase in the Highfield gift shop.
The StoryWalk® concept was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and was developed with the help of Rachel Senechal, Kellogg-Hubbard Library.