Holidays at Highfield runs from November 29 – December 8, 12:00 – 4:00 pm daily.
The Highfield Hall & Gardens holiday event kicks off on November 29th with an O gauge model train room sponsored by the South Shore Hi-Railers Club, featuring Lionel, MTH, K-Line electric freight and diesel trains. THE TRAINS HAVE EXTENDED THEIR VISIT THROUGH DECEMBER 8th. You still have a chance to see them!
Top decorators and designers showcase their talents in the elegant rooms of Highfield Hall, on view everyday during this event. We also feature an extensive Gift Gallery perfect for holiday shopping with items ranging from fine crafts to hostess gifts. Visitors can also enjoy a tea shoppe with home-made goodies and seasonal music.
- Salley Mavor’s Pocketful of Posies Christmas tree and doll house. http://weefolkstudio.com/
- The Highfield Hall & Gardens Reading Room debut! Be sure to visit this amazing new room.
- The Any Soldier® project. Take a few moments and write a letter to a soldier serving oversees.
- Santa! Nov. 29th – Dec. 1st and Dec. 7th and Dec. 8th 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm. He is happy to pose for an informal family snapshot by the fireplace!
And…the usual HO HO HO!
- Seasonal harp, piano and vocals on both weekends. * see schedule below
- Gorgeous paintings and prints by Cape Cod artists priced under $300 and perfect for gift giving.
- Bill Hendel’s extensive international crèche collection.
- Victorian Regina music box to be played at intervals.
- A recreation of a Victorian Christmas parlor and Victorian doll house.
- A Tea Shoppe with home-made goodies and the debut of the
“Highfield Holiday Blend” tea.
- Twelve Days of Christmas murals on display in the train room, by artists Lindsay Hopkins.
- Dancers from Turning Pointe dance studio greeting visitors on December 7th only.
Holidays at Highfield Music Schedule: check back for updates!!
Monday, December 2 – Friday, December 6
12:00 – 2:00 pm: Students of Cy O’Neill playing the harp
Saturday, December 7
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Tradewinds, vocals
Sunday, December 8
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Laura & Fritz Sonnichsen and Carol Rizzoli
2:00 pm – 2:30 pm: Ava Skogstrom, harpist
2:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Rebecca Akeley, harpist