RECIPE OF THE WEEK FROM OUR CULINARY INSTRUCTOR KAY BENAROCH
Baked Crab Rangoon
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 14 won ton wrappers
- 1 small green onion
- 4 oz surimi imitation crab
- 3 oz cream cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Stir in crab and onion.
- Place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water; bring opposite corners to center over filling and pinch together; then grasp remaining two corners and bring to center and pinch together
- Using wet fingers press all four edges together to seal into separate petals.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly spray wontons with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 °F (210 °C) for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 14 Crab Rangoon (2 Per Serving)