RECIPES OF THE WEEK FROM OUR CULINARY INSTRUCTOR GAIL BLAKELY!
Sometimes you just need a quick and easy recipe to add to a simple dinner of a hearty soup (such as the Spring minestrone with tiny chicken meatballs that we posted earlier). Garlic bread is the answer!
- 1 loaf store-bought Ciabatta bread
- 1 stick Kerrygold butter with garlic and herbs (available at most specialty cheese counters)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- Take loaf of store-bought ciabatta bread and slice it in half horizontally.
- Soften stick of Kerrygold butter with garlic and herbs; spread it on the cut sides of the bread.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet, sprinkle it with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake it in a 400F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Top with some chopped parsley and cut into wedges to serve. Then sit back and watch it disappear!
This Kerrygold butter has a higher fat content than standard American butter--and it's absolutely delicious.