RECIPE OF THE WEEK FROM HIGHFIELD HALL & GARDENS STAFF, GAIL BLAKELY
Dione Peterson, Banquet Chef at Oyster Harbors, prepared this fish in our Meet the Chef series recently. It was utterly simple, yet so good. She served it with buttery mashed potatoes, a fabulous combination. Add some fresh asparagus, and you have springtime on a plate. Dione garnished the dish with thinly sliced sweet baby bell peppers: “they come in a bag in most produce sections” she advised us. She used “Everything Bagel Seasoning” that she picked up in the supermarket also. The mix of sesame seeds and sliced scallions sprinkled on the top made it just right!
Dione's Asian Salmon
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 tsp crushed fresh ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- Sesame seeds and chopped scallions
- Lemon, for garnish
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl; add salmon and turn in the marinade, then let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill or broiler; scrape the marinade out of the bowl onto the salmon and place it on a baking tray or on a grill.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the salmon is beautifully caramelized.