RECIPE OF THE WEEK FROM THE STAFF AT HIGHFIELD HALL & GARDENS, CEDITH COPENHAVER!
Colorful and tasty, these bite-sized treats make a great addition to a summer afternoon brunch or picnic. They are easy to make and can even be frozen to enjoy later. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe.
Feta and Vegetable Frittatas
Adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe
- Cooking spray for muffin tins
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped (can use frozen, but drain well)
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts without oil, cut in chunks (or use frozen)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup roasted red peppers chopped (packed in water, preferably)
- ½ cup scallions sliced or diced
- ¼ cup cream cheese, at room temp.
- Black Pepper to taste
- Optional: A little ground mustard, dill or cayenne for extra zip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat two 8-hole muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, water, and spices if desired.
- Stir in spinach, artichoke hearts, feta, roasted peppers, scallions, and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Put a dollop of about ¼ cup into each muffin hole. Bake until firm, about 20 minutes, give or take.