RECIPE OF THE WEEK FROM OUR CULINARY INSTRUCTOR KAY BENAROCH
- 1 lb. Panettone – wax paper lining removed and cut into 1” chunks
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pre-mixed Eggnog
- ¼ cup dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, blueberries) – optional
- ¼ mini chocolate chips – optional
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs and eggnog.
- Place panettone chunks in large bowl and pour egg mixture over bread making sure to soak all panettone cubes with mixture.
- Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Mix dried fruit or chocolate chips into bread mixture if using.
- Spray muffin tin or 8” square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Put muffin tin or baking pan in large roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water to come halfway up sides of baking container.
- Place roasting pan in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the pudding comes out clean with no liquid sticking to it.
- Let cool in pan. If using muffin tin for individual bread puddings gently remove puddings from tin by running a small knife around exterior of each pudding and lifting gently out of tin.