RECIPE OF THE WEEK FROM OUR CULINARY INSTRUCTOR KENDRA KOHLER
I wanted to share a Summer Peach Salsa recipe from Sylvia Fountaine’s blog “Feasting at Home”. This salsa came out so perfectly there were no changes necessary! It’s just lovely over fish, chicken, baby greens and of course goes great with tortilla chips!
Recipe from Sylvia Fountaine, "Feasting at Home" Blog
- 3 large peaches- ripe (but not overly soft) diced into ½ inch dice, skins ok
- ½ a medium red onion, very finely diced ( about ¾ cup)
- ½ a red bell pepper, finely diced ( for color and texture)
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, very finely diced
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, tender stems ok
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (1–2 limes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder– optional, more to taste (will add a pleasantly smoky heat)
- Gently rub peaches with a terry cloth towel to help remove peach fuzz, then rinse under cold water.
- Dice peaches, tomato, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and cilantro and add to a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper, gently toss to combine. Adjust lime and salt.
- Add optional chipotle powder starting conservatively with a ¼ teaspoon.
- Taste, and adjust according to preferences.
- You want a delicious balance between sweet, salt, lime and heat.