RECIPE OF THE WEEK FROM THE STAFF AT HIGHFIELD HALL & GARDENS, TARA BURKE
I tried this recipe over the holidays for our family gathering, and was quick, easy and delicious! This recipe is easily adapted to large groups for future parties.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Adapted from the Food Network Kitchen
- 1 TBL chili powder
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound baby bell peppers (12-15) half, stemmed and seeded
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut in ¼” strips
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 8 fajita-sized flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded Monterey Jack (or cheese of choice)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Sour cream for serving
- Preheat broiler on high, and line baking sheet with foil
- Combine chili powder, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper in small bowl
- Place peppers and onion on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with half of the chili powder mix. Broil until soft and charred, approximately 10 minutes
- Toss chicken in bowl with remaining chili powder mix and add 1 TBL of olive oil
- Once peppers are soft and have a nice char to them, add the chicken on top of peppers and onions, return sheet to the broiler until the chicken is cooked through and starting to brown.
- Approximately 5 – 8 minutes depending on size of chicken strips. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Serve with warm tortillas, add toppings and serve with additional lime wedges