Recipe: “Tapas – the little dishes of Spain” Penelope Casas, Alfred Knopf 1986
- ¾ lb. (12 oz.) shelled shrimp
- Coarse salt
- 8 T. olive oil
- 3 large cloves peeled, coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 dried chili pepper, stem and seeds removed in 2 pieces
- ½ t. paprika (preferably smoked Spanish paprika)
- 1 T minced parsley
- Shallow earthenware casserole or frying pan
- Dry shrimp well and sprinkle with salt on both sides. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a swallow casserole or skillet
- Add garlic and chili pepper and when garlic starts to turn golden add the shrimp.
- Cook over medium high heat stirring for about 2 minutes until shrimp are just done.
- Sprinkle in paprika, parsley and salt.
- Serve immediately with good bread for dunking.