- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb strawberries ( cut the small ones in half and the larger ones in quarters )
- 2 raw sugar for sprinkling on top
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch baking pan or pie pan with butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt; with the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
- Scrape the batter in the greased baking dish and arrange the strawberries (cut side down) very close together to cover the batter; sprinkle with raw sugar and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325 and bake for another 50 to 60 minutes.
- When the cake is firm to the touch, remove it to a rack to cool.
- Dust lightly with powdered sugar, if desired, before cutting into slices to serve!