RECIPE OF THE WEEK FROM HIGHFIELD HALL & GARDENS STAFF, TARA BURKE
I stumbled upon this recipe and was drawn to its simplicity– it was so easy. As an added bonus, you can create this flavorful and healthful meal in under 30 minutes. My photo does not do this dish justice, but I loved the pairing of grapes with the mild fish. Moscato Grapes are now on supermarket shelves. Enjoy!
- 2 (4 to 6 ounce) ﬁllets grey sole or yellowtail ﬂounder
- Flour for dredging seasoned with salt and pepper 20 sliced white grapes
- 1 bottle good champagne
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- Preheat a nonstick skillet to medium high heat and coat bottom with clariﬁed butter. Lightly dredge ﬁsh ﬁllets in seasoned ﬂour and place in pan.
- Sauté quickly 2 to 3 minutes on each side and transfer to a warm dinner plate.
- Add grapes and deglaze pan with champagne, cook for 2 minutes and drizzle in cream to desired consistency, pour over ﬁsh.
- Serve with steamed red potatoes with chives and a fresh steamed green vegetable. Serve the balance of champagne with dinner.