The effort to save and restore Highfield Hall was achieved by passionate community supporters and the willingness of countless volunteers, who rolled up their sleeves and did whatever it took to make the dream come alive. Our volunteers fuel our efforts with amazing kindness, talent, and generosity.
For more information about volunteering, please contact Deb dePunte, Director of Visitor Services, at 508-495-1878 ext. 315 or email Deb dePunte.
- Visitor Services Volunteers – Our front desk volunteers are critical to ensuring a quality experience for our guests. Ongoing training is provided and required on the topics of visitor engagement, the history of the property, sales transactions, providing visitor information, and art exhibitions. Opportunities are available 7 days a week. Shifts are typically from 10 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm, Tuesday – Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Gardeners – Our gardens are growing! Become a member of the Highfield Gardeners and help us care for the Sunken Garden, West Garden, and the many other landscaped areas on the property. You are needed to help keep Highfield beautiful! Learn more
- Marketing – We need help spreading the word about Highfield Hall & Gardens, our programs, and special events. Join our marketing team and help distribute rack cards, brochures, and posters in your community.
- Special Events — Highfield hosts fundraising events each year, and we need hundreds of volunteers to make these events happen. Volunteer support runs from working at one Highfield Hall event, to serving on the organizing committee. A few of our most popular events include the Holidays at Highfield, three seasonal Open Houses, and special exhibitions. Let us know your interest!
- Docents — Our Interpretation Team members provide guided tours of the mansion and grounds for special occasions, group tours, and regular estate walks.
We appreciate a minimum commitment of twice a month for continuity, and thank you for any amount of time you can dedicate to Highfield Hall & Gardens.